The Grand Massif is expanding opening up the untouched valley between Samoëns and Morillon. Adding a new lift which will be Europe’s longest lift of its kind. Climbing an impressive 944 vertical metres over a distance of 2574m, the New Coulouvrier lift will be capable of transporting 3000 passengers per hour at a speed of 6 metres a second. This will also divide numbers of skiers using the 6 man Chariande Express. This winter, two new blue pistes will allow ski access to the speedy new Coulouvrier lift from both Samoëns and Morillon. And the off piste between will be awesome !!
The new lift will also be another route to the whole lift system linking all the Grand Massifs’ great and varied skiing. We have skiing for every level from a steep Black in Samoēns or Flaine to wide and tree lined pistes of Les Carroz – the longest Green run in Europe is in Morillon the lovely Marvel – Perfect for beginner and children love it. Or the even longer Blue les casdade all the way down into Sixt truely stunning. One of my favorite runs is in Samoēns, it’s the home run Le Grand Cret down to Vercland and then into a great après ski bar at the bottom with their big log fire.
Another is to drop into the challenging off piste bowl Le Gers at the back of Flaine on a powder day there is nowhere better !
One of the Best ever Views is from the top of Fred in Flaine with the Mont Blanc range straight ahead wow !
Le Grand Massif has absolutely something for everyone. The skiing is fantastic, it’s easy to find you way round between the 5 resorts and the restaurants are great from self service quick snacks to a cosy fondue by the fire or Michelin star with table cloths in your ski boots.
12 of our Best Bits
- Best Hot Chocolate Jaysïnia pâtisserie Café – Samoëns village
- Best Vin Chaud L’Anfionne – Les Carroz – Plein soleil piste
- Best apres ski Le Repossette – Vercland Samoëns
- Friendliest Restaurant Le Blanchot – Flaine Serpentine Piste
- Best Chips Chalet de Claire – Morillon top of the Sairon lift – Also good hot Chocolate
- Best Fondue Le Luge au Téran – Samoëns Dahu Blue Piste
- Poshest Restaurant Les Savages – Les Carroz Timalets Red Piste
- Best Burger Milk Hotel – Les Carroz Timalets Red Piste
- Best Black run Aigle Noir – Samoëns
- Best Red run Grand Cret – Samoëns
- Best Blue run Serpentine – Flaine
- Best Green run Marvel – Morillon
So come to Grand Massif and chose your own Favorites !!